7/7/11 Note – we no longer use Clickbank for anything.
Many of you reading this have a website, a blog – that is focused on some aspect of Thailand. Chances are you’re not making a lot of money from it.
I have some websites focused on Thailand and I’ve used the Google Adsense ads to make some money like everyone else because they’re easy to setup and provide something over time. It’s not much – and it’s definitely not enough.
One of the next steps you can do to make money in Thailand is to become an affiliate for someone that has a product you can sell on your site – and make yourself a commission off all sales.
You’d want this service to provide you with statistics for what sales are actually occurring from the ads on your Thailand focused site – and you can have that at Clickbank.com.
CLICKBANK.com is a huge affiliate program. You can choose from many ads in all different niches – but as of yet there are only a few focused on Thailand.
Can you say opportunity?
There is opportunity on both sides… you can create a product to sell on Clickbank , an ebook or other digital or non-digital product, and become a seller for $50 which is a one-time fee they charge to allow you to sell products through their affiliate members.
That’s what we did recently with “Joy’s Thai Food EBook” and 5 free bonuses. So, we created this 101 page ebook in PDF format. Anyone that has a website anywhere in the world that signs up as a publisher to show ads about our ebook on their site – can do so – and make 40% of the commission from the sale of each of Joy’s Thai Food Ebooks.
If you sign up as a publisher – it’s totally free. You can choose from many advertisements to run on your site – Including Joy’s Thai Food Ebook.
While on Clickbank you can search on “Thai” or “Thailand” and her ebook will pop up as an option you can sell on your site. (see search page here>)
This is an excellent way to begin a home online business in Thailand and make some money as an alternative to teaching.
- You don’t need to process any money yourself.
- You don’t need a PayPal, Moneybookers.com or any other account.
- You don’t need to give Clickbank access to your bank account or anything else.
Clickbank will send you a check when you’ve sold the minimum amount to meet their threshold (about $100).
You may have noticed I have Martin’s “Your Thai Girl” ebook at this site and the main Thaipulse.com site. Martin is also on Clickbank as a seller of his eproducts. You can sign up there to put Martin’s ads on your site as well.
Selling items from Clickbank as an affiliate is a good alternative to Google’s Adsense program.
If you sell one of Joy’s Ebooks which are $39.95 you’ll get 40% of that… close to $16 usd. With Google Adsense you’re probably not making that in a month. You’re probably also diluting the value of your blog or website by running Google adsense ads because the ads can be for anything – even from your competitors if you don’t properly block them.
If you want to make money in Thailand and have a website, consider selling Joy’s Ebook on your website
1. Just visit www.Clickbank.com and sign up: Clickbank Affiliate program. You’ll get a Clickbank NickName you need to create links on your site to sell Joy’s Thai Food ebooks. Remember your Clickbank NickName…
2. Click this link to go to Click bank and “build your link”. (Note 7/7/11 – We axed this program – no longer using Clickbank)
3. Once you have the link code – just use that for all links you have about Joy’s ebooks and Clickbank will track the sales and give your affiliate account credit for all sales – you get 40% of the cost of the ebook. You don’t have to worry about the bonuses or sending the ebooks – we send them out.
4. Customers that click your link to buy Joy’s Ebook go to a special page to order. If you put your cursor over the ORDER PAGE link on that page you’ll see the link goes to Clickbank which tracks all your successful orders. You can check your stats anytime by logging in at your Clickbank account.
More information about making money in Thailand by starting a business online…
IncAnswers.com is where I post most of my online business related articles and videos if you’re interested in what can be done online. If you want to read more about home business opportunities like selling ebooks or other ideas you can also visit Randy Duermyer’s Home Business Site at About.com where he has some excellent business resource pages.