The other night I was pouring some water and almost jumped as something crawled out of the ceiling above my head.
Awesome… I was looking at a big 11-inch Tokay Gecko (Gecko gekko) that was partly still inside the hole the rain had made… I asked wifey to video as I attempted to catch it.
I’m Afraid of it Because:
- A couple different Thais have told me they bite and don’t let go.
- Also, I was told they jump on your face if you’re too close.
- The only other lizard that looks like this to me is a Gila Monster and they’re actually venomous – and have decent teeth.
- I’ve never seen one close-up because they’re always too high to reach.
- I’m used to dealing with snakes with big teeth and his head looks just like a viper.
Anyway, here’s the video and some pictures to follow it.