Page 2 Wat Tum Sua Photos
Wat Tum Sua, Tiger Cave Temple in Krabi, Thailand
Near the parking lot – and the small store is this skeleton of the
skull of a small whale. Apparently it was found here in Krabi.
Ajarn Jumnien’s birthday party shrine – a lot of photos of
him with various important people in the community.
Boddhi tree leaves at the top of the mountain. The Boddhi tree
is where the first Buddha is said to have sat under while awakening.
A shrine inside the main building by the parking lot – also where
you’ll find the Tiger Cave (up some steps directly behind this Buddha).
At top of mountain is a large gold chedi with Buddhas
sitting at the four corners (directions N-S-E-W)
If you like you can purchase one of these small cloths with a
photo of the chedi and Ajarn Jumnien (Abbot) on the front side.
For Ajarn Jumnien’s birthday (the abbot) there were
two of these large flower dhamma wheels.
Incense offering bowl at a Chinese memorial at Wat Tum Sua.
2nd floor open porch area of Aj. Jumnearn’s temple or residence.
View of Krabi limestone karsts and Krabi town in background.
Some stairs from about step 500 to 590.
Amulets and other things for sale inside the large building
by parking lot that says, “Wat Tum Sua” on it.
Top of mountain and Kowl Phanom Bencha in background.
The highest peak in the area, it’s about 4500 feet high and
trips can be taken to the top if you have the energy. Cost – about
1000 baht per person per day with a guide.
View of limestone karsts around Route 4 to the west of Krabi town
during one rainy, misty, cloudy, and foggy day. Awesome photos that day!
A large – almost 1 foot long – walking stick on a
cable leading to the big gold Buddha.
Wat Tum Sua Jatukam Ceremony with Aj. Jumnien
Original Wat Tum Sua article
More things to do in Krabi:
- Top 10 Things to do in Krabi
- Railay Beach, Krabi
- Wat Thum Sua (Wat Tum Suea) Tiger Cave Temple
- Climbing in Railay beach
- Nopparat Thara Beach, Pier (Ferry to Phuket & Phi Phi)
- Huay To Waterfall in Phanom Bencha National Park
- Sra Kaew (Sa Gaew) Cave, Krabi
- Boua Thong Cave
- Lang Rongrian Cave (Rong Rian)
- Khao Phung Cave (Kow Phung, near Huay To Waterfall)
- Crystal Lagoon (Crystal Pond – Sa Morakot) Hiking and swimming in fresh water
- Great Outdoors Kids Activity: Fishery Dept (BIG fish)
- Hiking Krabi – short 4 km easy climb on paved road
- Hiking Krabi – Khao Phanom Bencha 1,397m high mountain!
- Mangrove Forest Walkway, Krabi town
- Kayaking and Elephant Trekking full day orÂ 1/2 Day Kayaking
- Riding Elephants in Krabi (Elephant trekking)
- Thalen Bay (Ao Thalen)
- Snorkeling in Krabi
- Diving in Krabi
- Diving in Ko Phi Phi
- Krabi Bike Tours in Krabi town offers Trek, Specialized bike rentals by day, week or month at good rates.
Copyright ©2013 Written by Vern Lovic.