I wrote a book about 50 ways to make money while living in Thailand as an expat. The book didn’t do well. I think many people didn’t understand some of the technical aspects of some of the suggestions. In the following section, I have removed the hard-to-understand bits and I give you 12 ways you can make money while living in Thailand. Choose one below to get started!
How To Make Money While Living in Thailand
- Teach English! Of course, you know this one. Most people staying in Thailand for any length of time decide to teach English.
- Graphic Designer! I have paid graphic designers to design book covers for my Amazon books. The difference between me doing it myself, and paying a professional is huge. They are paid well too.
- Digital Book Formatting Editor! Learn to format eBooks with style and perfect function as authors upload to Smashwords, Amazon, Kobo, and other sales platforms.
- Stock Photography! Thailand is an excellent place to shoot stock photography for a living. You must be good and obsessed. Is it for you?
- Thailand YouTube Vlogger! Nothing better than creating videos for an audience. Do you have what it takes?
- Thailand ECommerce! Sell local products online with your own website, or use one of the other platforms that are designed to help you sell.
- Import Products to Sell in Thailand! Maybe there’s something you cannot find in the country, that you have at home and can import?
- Sell Mobile SIM Card Credit Online.
- Write a Moving to Thailand Book. Moving to Bangkok. Moving to Chiang Mai. Moving to Isaan. So many possibilities.
- Write a Thailand Cooking or Recipe Book. Can your wife or girlfriend cook? Do you know anyone who owns a restaurant? Team up and write a book about cooking Thai food.
- Freelance Writing. There are many writers in Thailand making a living from their freelance activities.
- Collect Recyclables! There are plenty of people desperate for money who are roaming the streets of Bangkok, Pattaya, Patong Beach, and every other mid to large-sized city in Thailand.