One could stay in the town of Krabi, but most tourists go toward Ao Nang beach so they can shop, and easily get a longtail boat over to Railay beach around the left side corner.
There are many places to rent snorkeling gear in Ao Nang, probably your hotel will rent it out to you but it may be very cheap quality. The most popular place to snorkel is at Ko Phi Phi (Pi Pi) pronounced pee-pee unless you’re French and they pronounce it fee-fee for some reason! Diving and snorkeling at Phi Phi during the non-rainy season (December or January through April) is best.
I’ll be adding more information here in the coming weeks…
More things to do in Krabi:
- More than 20 Things to Do in Krabi
- Top 10 Things to do in Krabi
- Railay Beach, Krabi
- Wat Thum Sua (Wat Tum Suea) Tiger Cave Temple
- Climbing in Railay beach
- Noppharat Thara Beach, Pier (Ferry to Phuket & Phi Phi)
- Huay To Waterfall in Phanom Bencha National Park
- Sra Kaew (Sa Gaew) Cave, Krabi
- Boua Thong Cave
- Lang Rongrian Cave (Rong Rian)
- Khao Phung Cave (Kow Phung, near Huay To Waterfall)
- Crystal Lagoon (Crystal Pond – Sa Morakot) Hiking and swimming in fresh water
- Great Outdoors Kids Activity: Fishery Dept (BIG fish)
- Hiking Krabi – short 4 km easy climb on paved road
- Hiking Krabi – Khao Phanom Bencha 1,397m high mountain!
- Mangrove Forest Walkway, Krabi town
- Kayaking and Elephant Trekking full day or 1/2 Day Kayaking
- Riding Elephants in Krabi (Elephant trekking)
- Thalen Bay (Ao Thalen)
- Snorkeling in Krabi
- Diving in Krabi
- Diving in Ko Phi Phi
- Krabi Bike Tours in Krabi town offers Trek, Specialized bike rentals by day, week or month at good rates.
Copyright ©2013 Written by Vern Lovic.