Krabi, Thailand Weather & Seasons
Krabi is located at GPS readings: Latitude 8.1° N, Longitude 99.0° E
Krabi weather is usually very predictable. The weather in Krabi is exceptionally rainy during the rainy season from about June through November, sometimes December too. By mid-December the rain has almost totally stopped and it gets warm and sometimes hot and dry. At night sleeping comfortably is never an issue as it’s very cool and usually breezy. Even during the peak of the hot season in March, April and May there is no need for an air conditioner in most homes. Fans can pull in the cool night air and most residents are OK with that.
If you’re staying in a Krabi hotel on one of the upper floors or a room that gets direct sun all day you’ll probably want to have the A/C option.
If you’re coming to bicycle, or explore the caves and mountain trekking January and February are the ideal months to visit because the weather is not too hot yet and there is very little rain. If you come during October and November you might experience a solid week of rain.
ThailandTime – Thailand Weather Calendar (Seasons) – KrabiMaps >
More things to do in Krabi:
- More than 20 Things to Do in Krabi
- Top 10 Things to do in Krabi
- Railay Beach, Krabi
- Wat Thum Sua (Wat Tum Suea) Tiger Cave Temple
- Climbing in Railay beach
- Noppharat Thara Beach, Pier (Ferry to Phuket & Phi Phi)
- Huay To Waterfall in Phanom Bencha National Park
- Sra Kaew (Sa Gaew) Cave, Krabi
- Boua Thong Cave
- Lang Rongrian Cave (Rong Rian)
- Khao Phung Cave (Kow Phung, near Huay To Waterfall)
- Crystal Lagoon (Crystal Pond – Sa Morakot) Hiking and swimming in fresh water
- Great Outdoors Kids Activity: Fishery Dept (BIG fish)
- Hiking Krabi – short 4 km easy climb on paved road
- Hiking Krabi – Khao Phanom Bencha 1,397m high mountain!
- Mangrove Forest Walkway, Krabi town
- Kayaking and Elephant Trekking full day or 1/2 Day Kayaking
- Riding Elephants in Krabi (Elephant trekking)
- Thalen Bay (Ao Thalen)
- Snorkeling in Krabi
- Diving in Krabi
- Diving in Ko Phi Phi
- Krabi Bike Tours in Krabi town offers Trek, Specialized bike rentals by day, week or month at good rates.
Important Phone numbers for your stay in Krabi (Railay and all over Krabi province):
- TAT (Tourism Authority of Thailand) Regional Office: 07.562.2164
- Krabi Tourist Police: 07.563.7208
- Marine Police: 07.561.2756 and 2757
- Krabi Airport 7 km east of Krabi Town: 07.563.6541 and 6549
- Immigration: 07.561.1097
- Krabi Bus Terminal in Krabi Town: 07.561.1804 and 1184
- Thai Airways International: 07.562.2439 and 2441 and 2442
- Krabi town Hospital: 07.563.1768 and 1769
Copyright ©2013 Written by Vern Lovic.